The Sharon Fire Department Ambulance Squad
web site - www.sharonfiredept.org
The squad was established in 1948 when the Sharon Grange gave the fire department a LaSalle ambulance. In the beginning, members served both Sharon and Salisbury and had no formal first aid training. In 1952, Dr. George Fowler gave the department a new Packard ambulance, equiped with oxygen and first aid supplies provided by Dr. G.S. Gudernatch. By 1966, the squad had 10 members trained in First Aid by Dr. Peter Reyelt.
In August, 2010, the squad's newest ambulance was put into service. It is a state-of-the-art, four wheel drive vehicle which cost $182,000. This money was raised in two years with a letter to the people of Sharon, a square dance, sales of 911 signs, a clock tower ornament, first aid kits , and a raffle. Day to day expenses for the squad are provided by our monthly (2nd Sunday) pancake breakfasts, by memorial gifts and donations from patients we have served. At the present time, the squad has 32 trained members, 10 drivers and responds to 300-350 calls a year.
Captain - Jamie Casey
First Lieutenant - Brian Kenny
Second Lieutenant - John Mathews
Secretary - Emily Bartram
Treasurer - Ed Heacox
DONATIONS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME
AND CAN BE SENT TO:
P.O. BOX 357
SHARON, CT 06069